It was 41,558,400 seconds since the last post was added to this site. 1 year, 3 months, and 24 days. My faithful followers have asked me countless times when the next post is coming to BornWithoutWings.com? Wait no more two pals of mine!
What has Waner been up to? To answer to the question you haven’t asked yet, no, I’m not a Pilot yet, but I have been flying, just not as often as any student pilot should.
Since my last post I:
- Flew to Bartow with my instructor and picked up a friend for lunch at Jack Brown’s.
- Did the same trip the next day, this time solo, and had lunch at my friend’s house to complete the long cross country requirement for my certificate.
- Earned a 95% on my written exam. some say I wasted 15 points (the minimum is 70%) I’m a wee bit upset at my self for not getting a perfect score.
- Flew across the state in an SR20.
- Landed a 152 in the grass at Labelle.
- Joined the Board of Directors of the Fort Myers Flying Club.
- Became Communications Officer (Webmaster, Newsletter Editor) the FMFC Checkout the new website, if you’re thinking about joining let me know
- Took a picture of a plane landing on water (on purpose)
- Became a part of a great General Aviation community: reddit.com/r/flying
- And of course, day-dreamed pretty much every waking hour of flying as a fully fledged Private Pilot
The last 481 days have been a completely roller coaster ride for us. Times of complete and utter happiness alongside times of the most extreme human difficulties. It’s time to set my eyes on the prize and work towards my checkride. I set several goal dates last year for a checkride and saw each one pass me by, not once actually scheduling it. My birthday is coming up in March, I won’t be a pilot before I blow out the candles, but I’ll sure be on my way.
Join me for the ride?